Saturday 19 August 2017

Help!

Apologies if this post sounds brusque, I am writing it for the second time. grrrrrrr

My Britishness is having to be laid aside - we could do with some help (survival beats pride).

We have got some much better accommodation, but it is 15 minutes from the hospital. Also I have the worst cold in the history of mankind, so cannot really be on the ward - which means Libby is having to do all the heavy lifting and is getting run rather ragged.

If anyone has any contacts in Brisbane who might be able to help out with any of the following, please could they let us know?

* the short term loan of a car (ideally a 6+ seater, but we can make a 5 seater work)
* maybe a few meals while we are still finding our feet
* a car seat suitable for a 5 year old
* someone who could possibly sit with Josh for while during the day, to give us a break (especially while I can't)
* any knowledge of a good (preferably Christian) kindy in the vicinity of 11 Bramston Terrace, Herston
* anything else that might help us survive that I might not have thought of...

You can email on Daniel dot Simkins (and the usual) at gmail dot com. Or text me if you have my number.

Thanks.

PS. Josh is doing relatively OK - but not clear whether he will get to come home so we can all be together as a family. It would be nice 😞

1 comment:

  1. Hi guys. I'm the associate pastor at Church @ the Gabba (inner city Brisbane). We would love to help with a few of the needs you have mentioned. Please give me a call 0468519360.
    In Christ
    Mick

    ReplyDelete