Saturday 26 August 2017

Still OK/Faith

Joshua still seems to be tolerating the treatment well, with none of the expected side effects. Our liaison nurse is very pleased and said, "Keep doing what you're doing". Her mantra is that there are three aspects of a good recovery - chemo, nutrition and attitude. We know about the fourth (or possibly first 👦) so please, keep doing what you are doing.

Despite my possible scepticism/confusion about prayer, I do believe that God can intervene - so please keep praying for Joshua. I know it is early days, but I am trying to believe that Joshua's good progress is because God is actively involved, and He will continue to be.

Faith is a funny thing. I remember a couple of years back I had 'habit faith' - that is, faith that I had always had and just kind of trundled along in the way it had always done. Over the last two years, my faith transitioned through 'desperation faith' (i.e. faith because the alternative is too scary to contemplate) to what I would call 'genuine faith' (i.e. faith based in a more complete and real picture of who God is, and His attitude towards me).

During this current situation, I feel like I have had 'gritted teeth' or 'fingertips' faith. Not even having the resources to think about things, but knowing that faith is the only thing that is keeping me going.

My hope and prayer is that through what we are going through, we will all come out with a stronger faith and a stronger relationship with God.

1 comment:

  1. Keep going Daniel. You're doing okay. I'm reading about the kings of Israel and Judah currently. Those who put their trust in God were blessed, those who put their trust in themselves or other gods failed. It's more about how great the Lord is, than how big or
    little we perceive our faith to be.we all need to lean hard unto Him.

    ReplyDelete