Thursday 16 November 2017

All quiet on the eastern front.

All quiet here on the east coast of Australia. Joshua has been home a week which has been fairly uneventful. Today he has an appointment at the Cairns base hospital to see the team from the Lady Cilento Children's Hospital, who have flown up here for a remote clinic. 

In theory he could go to school, but the teachers have agreed that as there are only two weeks left of school, he can do work at home that he needs to do to catch up. He may go in for one day next week to see his friends.

It was the Presentation Evening on Tuesday. I went for a short time with Joshua and Ruben just to hear Bethany sing the national anthem. Josh sat with his friends, which was really nice until I felt it was time to make a quiet exit! Imagine a semi-dark, fairly hushed room for a formal event, except I had Ruben sitting next to me huffing and puffing and saying in a not very quiet voice, "This is so boring". I whispered to him that we were going to go and needed to attract Joshua's attention, but not to shout. We managed this quite successfully until Ruben said in a very loud voice, "MUMMY SAYS WE ARE NOT TO SHOUT". Good job he can still pull off cute and people are forgiving!

What was really nice was that, in spite of his absence, Joshua was awarded one of the Grade 10 academic excellence awards based on what he had done that year already. Joshua felt he didn't really deserve it, but I was pleased.

4 comments:

  1. ah well done Josh, and Bethany for singing! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may be biased, but of course Joshua deserved it. Bethany what did they do without you? Caleb well done for your maths award, when you didn't think you'd get anything, because of your time away and well done Roo for making everyone smile! (Grannies are allowed to be biased!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen to that says we other grandparents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Am so happy and thankful to God for what he has done in my life,i am
    Jennifer from U.S.A after four years of seeking for loan online the internet
    scammers has succeeded in taking from me the sum of $10,000.00 without
    given me my loan, I lost every thing i have because of scam and ever since
    i was scared to make contact online concerning loan. One day, as i was
    browsing , i saw a comment by a woman name Kathrine Roland from U.S.A
    thanking the Jackson Walton Loan Company for lending a loan saying that if
    there is any one who also need loan are to contact the company and they
    will surly lend any body loan so i took there email and i contacted them we
    had every agreement to pay back the loan and i submitted my bank account to
    them and they told i will receive my loan in 24 hours and to my greatest
    shock, exactly 24 hours, my bank send me an alert of confirmation that the
    Jackson Walton Loan Company has transfer my loan amount of $70,000.00
    dollars to my account am so happy and i want to use this medium to advice
    every one who is in need of loan or you have been scam in the past worry no
    more contact the very right company who can lend out loan on (
    Jacksonwaltonloancompany@gmail.com). and please beware of internet scams
    most of this email of lenders you see online are all scams so contact the
    Jackson Walton Loan Company because they are capable of given you your loan
    thanks.

    ReplyDelete